Thursday, September 21, 2006

Not Too Shabby




Schooooooools out for the weeeekend.

WOOHOO 3 weeks down 3 weeks to go! These 3 ½ hour classes are really starting to get to me. You have no idea how long Media and Britain and the English Reformation can feel, but don’t worry BLC is still BEAUTIFUL! And by beautiful I mean my teacher. Wowee. He’s even cuter than before. I can’t wait ‘till Tuesday! AND we have a field trip! Anyway, sorry for being out of touch this week. Our flat was sick with the plague and school kind of hit hard this week which translates to . . . . I was really boring. Oh well . . . put that one behind me – I’M BACK!

Today I visited the quaintest little church in my English class. It was absolutely beautiful. I was a little embarrassed to take pictures with so many people, but I think I’ll go back soon and snap some shots.

After class we came home to wave goodbye to Dan, Kailey, Dave, and Joe who are in Amsterdam this weekend and then Hayles, Britty, Heeter and I hopped on the tube to Buckingham Palace (Drew was a bum and stayed home). The Palace is only open until Sunday so we wanted to make sure to check that one off our list before it was too late. I have never seen so much gold in my life. It was incredible! Every room had its own special character and theme. I learned all about it through my nice little head-phones dorkishly placed on my ears. ;) We saw 80 of the Queen’s dresses all sparkling with diamonds and her precious jewels. I couldn’t help but think that I was walking in the very same steps of all the Kings and Queens (Prince William too!!). The garden extended forever and Hayles and I were sure to snap a few shots! Yipee! OH YEAH! We had “Royal” strawberry ice-cream on our walk through the garden! Tasty!

After that we raced home to jump in the shower and we were off to see “Stomp.” As the brochure says, “‘Stomp’ is explosive, provocative, sophisticated, sexy, and utterly unique.” And that it is! I was in the front row (imagine that!) and had a huge smile on my face the whole time. It was out of control! They used every item except musical instruments to create some sort of rhythm. It was highly entertaining and if it ever comes your way you should defiantly give it a chance! Anyway, I am pooped beyond belief. My left eye is all red (very good indication that exhaustion is setting in). Soooo… all of you lucky ducks enjoy Grey’s Anatomy tonight. I’m so jealous you have no idea. It’s time for bed. Nigharoo and CHEERS to everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great day! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

sounds great. I will be thinking of you tonight while watching dr. mcdreamy. can't believe you got your mom to stay up for it, now she thinks she is sooo cool. i will tape it for you. let me know if you want the whole season and i will see what my pea brain can do. keep up the good work, glad your back at posting these past few days i have really missed what is going on..

Anonymous said...

ahhhh 8-9:00 recaps of the season's best! thanks for introducing me this summer:) stay tuned! xoxoxoox