Saturday, September 02, 2006

Adding on to our lovely day 5 hours later....











We took a coach tour that lasted about 3 hours. We went all through London and saw lots and lots and LOTS of things. I hardly remember what we even were looking at. Our tour guide was amazing with her little accent. She told us about everything we needed to see. We went down Oxford Street (I hope that’s what it is called) and saw Harrods. It has 1100 light bulbs that turn on at night – I can’t wait to see that. We made a stop at the Tower of London right on the Thames River. It was incredibly windy, but we got a few pictures with the Tower Bridge (much more impressive than the London Bridge). There were tons of monuments and statues mixed in our drive, but I don’t quite remember all of them. Or next stop was Buckingham Palace – so pretty and we got the info on how to see the changing of the guards. We’re going back soon because the Palace is only open for tours until the end of September. Tomorrow we’re hopping on the tube to London for “Spain Day” and to see the England bicycle tour! Tons of streets will close and the pedestrians will be in charge! OH YEAH…… every little street tells you to “look right” or “look left.” It’s really confusing and there are crazy drivers so the directions are quite nice!

Anyway, the wind is howling through our little window, but I think Dan, Kailey, and I are going to venture out to the market. Thanks for all the comments I love coming home to them!!

1. Hayley, Kailey and I in front of the Tower Bridge 2. Buckingham Palace 3. Tower of London

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kate, so glad to come home from S.F. and see your blog set up. Well, I'm going to read on now and see how all is going.. I hope you have Big Tim's e-mail to send these to him at work... I will send it to you also... XOXO's Ginny

Anonymous said...

I've read and seen all the pics from when u left you are going to have a wonderful time. I will be looking for the next up date tomorrow.. Kisses

lmg said...

In that pic of Tower Bridge you guys look to be really close to Katherine's Docks (sp?). Remember that cute place I told you about with the mini locks like the Panama Canal?