Thursday, September 14, 2006

Mind Your Head





7:30am – dingdingdingdingding JUMP OUT OF BED look out the window Yessssssssssssss NO RAIN! A.K.A. FIELD TRIP!! Pump the fists do a dance! Yipeeeee!!!

My English Reformation professor took our class to the Tower of London today. The weather was nice – a little cloudy, but a great day none-the-less. We took a tour from one of the Yeoman (a.k.a. Beefeaters) who permanently lives at the Tower. If you ask me I think that’s a little creepy. Anyway, we saw the dungeon, execution marks, chapels, crown jewels, armor and artillery, and the ravens. There is a superstition that the ravens have to be on the grounds at all times or else the towers will crumble and a great disaster will take place in London. I forget what king it was, but one of them made a rule that 6 ravens must be at the Tower at all times. Our trip was really interesting, but a bit eerie at the same time. Beside the whole execution thing – the crown jewels were BEAUTIFUL! Sorry I don’t have any pictures. They probably would have cut my head off if I took one. Woops. Okay enough. Happy day to all of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you won't be needing shorts and flops your mom was going to send..