Monday, October 09, 2006

HaPpY BiRthDaY & How about an interview too!


Sooooo… the whole American 21st birthday celebration didn’t quite go as I thought it would. Instead of the usual 12:01 birthday bash, I had a nice little 20ml shot of my Night Nurse in hopes of sleeping through the night. Damn bronchitis!! Oh well! There is REALLY good news though. I slept for the first time in about 3 days! Oh my gosh I feel so great! Haha but seriously I think I’m getting better. I’ll be done with my antibiotics just in time for Italy! YIPEEEE can’t wait to see Meggers and Alpal!

I also had my internship interview this morning. I got there wayyyy too early. So, I had myself a little seat and watched the world go by for about 40 minutes. Then I walked in . . . shook the hand of the first person I met and asked where I could find Mark. The place is SO cool! I just had a little chat with my interviewer and then he showed me all around. They have a huge storage place full of china, vases, table cloths, etc., a full kitchen, gym, show room, and offices! Everyone is very relaxed and there are only 18 people in the company. I’ll be working mostly in event planning, but have many other opportunities to experience new things while I’m there. They also make us lunch everyday. How fun is that? The commute is only about 45 minutes and the attire is business casual . . . very nice!

Anyway, it’s finals week here. I only have one paper to write, but everyone else is pretty busy. I think we’re all looking forward to our upcoming travels. Hayley and I leave for Florence on Sunday and then we’ll come home from Rome on Friday. AND the next weekend we’re going to Ireland! I’ll be sure to look for a four leaf clover while I’m there.

Hope all is well at home! And again, thanks for all the b-day wishes! Cheers! XO

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE..Sorry it didn't go like you thought but what a time you will have once you feel 100%. can't wait to hear more about the internship i will have to have you do my x-mas theme this year. get lots of rest and get better..happy happy b-day. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

TODAY IS YOUR BIRTHDAY ..... can't believe you are 21! WOW ... we love you, you always make us so proud! xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY KATIE.... Have a wonderful time on your trip. I can not wait to hear all about it. We miss you.

xoxo,

Elizabeth, Jim, Clancy, Tonka & Mocha :)